This Honor Code of Ethics and Good Practice will be followed and guides my desire to interact with people in the most competent and ethical manner. I am not a teacher, but I help coordinate events which may allow openings for people. I strive to follow these principles in my daily life and in my interactions with all people, however I may meet them.
I commit to:
- Hold myself to the highest standards of ethics, right behavior, and professional competency, as commonly recognized by my peers.
- Perform my role as host in a caring and compassionate manner, in both one-to-one interactions and groups.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and safety of all participants.
- Foster autonomy, empowerment, self-sufficiency, and emotional maturity in the participants and myself.
- Treat participants’ questions, concerns, doubts, and experiences with respect, and never trivialize or dismiss their enquiries.
- Be self-aware, open, and humble about the limitations of my knowledge and experience.
- Make only honest, realistic statements regarding the benefits of the offering.
- Refrain from giving counsel in matters outside of my areas of training and expertise.
- Be honest, clear and transparent regarding business and financial matters and terms of the offering.
- Honor the sanctity of privacy and maintain the confidentiality of everything conveyed to me in confidence.
- Use proper care and caution with any guest facilitators I invite to present their offerings to participants, specifically any offering that may potentially cause harmful side effects.
- Acknowledge that I am a human being with human a personality, limitations, drives, and needs. If I make a mistake, discuss it in a mature way with whomever I may have unintentionally harmed and do not abandon my inner knowing and slip into powerlessness.
- Never manipulate, exploit, influence, or deceive a participant to satisfy my personal aspirations, needs, or desires.
- Establish and maintain clear and wholesome professional boundaries with all participants and associates.
- Never abuse the trust of participants to obtain personal benefits or push a personal agenda.
- Cultivate and practice honesty, integrity, compassion, humility, and empathy with all parties.
- Engage in continuous self-reflection, learning, and holistic personal growth. Genuinely always do my best.
- Regularly review my motivations for serving as host and monitor the integrity of my words and actions.
- Encourage feedback about my services, communication and behavior—and take that feedback seriously.
- Address promptly any personal issues, concerns, or challenges that might affect my professional competency.
This Honor Code of Ethics will be continually reassessed and periodically revised. I also acknowledge that many of the guidelines touch upon highly complex and nuanced issues. I promise I am doing my best to serve you in an ethical and holistic way. If you feel I have not fulfilled this promise, please contact me so we can discuss your concern.
Thank you. Krisanne Heinze.